Yoga is a physical, mental, and spiritual practice or discipline that denotes a variety of schools, practices and goals in Hinduism, Buddhism (including Vajrayana and Tibetan Buddhism and Jainism, the best-known being Hatha yoga and Raja yoga.
Goal of Yoga: The ultimate goal of Yoga is moksha (liberation) though the exact definition of what form this takes depends on the philosophical or theological system with which it is conjugated.
According to Jacobsen, “Yoga has five principal meanings”
1. Yoga as a disciplined method for attaining a goal;
2. Yoga as techniques of controlling the body and the mind;
3. Yoga as a name of one of the schools or systems of philosophy.
4. Yoga in connection with other words, such as “hatha-, mantra-, and laya-,” referring to traditions specializing in particular techniques of yoga;
5. Yoga as the goal of Yoga practice.
According to David Gordon White, from the 5th century CE onward, the core principles of “yoga” were more or less in place, and variations of these principles developed in various forms over time:
1. Yoga as an analysis of perception and cognition; illustration of this principle is found in Hindu texts such as the Bhagavad Gita and Yoga sutras, as well as a number of Buddhist Mahayana works.
2. Yoga as the rising and expansion of consciousness; these are discussed in sources such as Hinduism Epic Mahabharata, Jainism Praśamaratiprakarana.
3. Yoga as a path to omniscience; examples are found in Hinduism Nyaya and Vaisesika school texts as well as Buddhism Mādhyamaka texts, but in different ways.
4. Yoga as a technique for entering into other bodies, generating multiple bodies, and the attainment of other supernatural accomplishments; these are described in Tantric literature of Hinduism and Buddhism, as well as the Buddhist Sāmaññaphalasutta. White clarifies that the last principle relates to legendary goals of “yogi practice”, different from practical goals of “yoga practice,” as they are viewed in South Asian thought and practice since the beginning of the Common Era, in the various Hindu, Buddhist, and Jain philosophical schools.
Here, you will learn from the basics of how to play chess to intermediate / advanced level techniques used by world chess champions! The chess courses are devised per sessions. These chess courses are aimed at complete beginners to intermediate level players… advanced players will find this chess course refreshing as a “back to basics” sort of exercise. As in most disciplines, the basic knowledge is the most important… it is the foundation by which you entire chess playing style and strengths are molded.
KEP: KEP is Kids English Program. Our institution follows JELS KEP.
Features of JELS KEP:
World-Class exercises and activities in English Language
Simple and interactive way of learning English Grammar
Vocabulary of learning new words
Fluency in language and develops content specifics
Programs for students (7yrs to 13yrs)
Duration: 9 Months / weekly one class of two hours each
JELS Phonics: The best way to teach phonics is systematically. This means moving children through a planned sequence of skills rather than teaching particular aspects of phonics as they are encountered in texts. Systematic instruction can focus on synthetic phonics (decoding words by translating letters into sounds and then blending them), analytic phonics (identifying whole words then parsing out letter-sound connections), analogy phonics (using familiar parts of words to discover new words), phonics through spelling (using sound-letter connections to write words) and/or phonics in context (combining sound-letter connections with context clues to decode new words).
Regardless of the specific method used what is most important in systematic instruction is that there is a deliberate and sequential focus on building and using the relationship between sounds and letter symbols to help readers decode new words.
This program is a whole brain development program to improve numericalskills. ‘ABCUS’ is a time tested tool. The Abacus methodology simplifies arithmetic calculation and makes learning a fun activity. In this program we teach the students to know and love Mathematics, change the numbers into beads, translate the beads into numbers, remember the numbers or beads at a glance and write smoothly.
To begin with the program, the law of addition, subtraction, multiplication and division is mastered and compute the beads using both hands and produce the result in a fast and systematic way. In the second step, the students begin to create the beads’ image in memory and foster the interest of visualization through listening and seeing and improve the sense of touch, sight and hearing.
Benefits of this program
Develops brain for better focus, laterality and creativity.
Enhances calculation speed & improves student’s reactions
Improves concentration and visualization, resulting in enhanced memory power.
Builds up confidence and a solid academic foundation
Improves speed of writing
Excellent hand-eye co-ordination
ABACUS Program is offered for children & adults.
1. GELS JUNIOR ABACUS PROGRAM (GJA): An exclusive program using sensor – motor and psycho motor using play school methodology for students, ages 4-6 years. This program introduces numbers and abacus technique in a fun and interactive way. It gives introduction to number systems and Abacus methodology.
2. GELS ABACUS SERIES PROGRAM (GAP): Based on Abacus methodology of teaching abacus, this series program aims to improve speed and accuracy and learning ability by improving concentration, memory and visualization and is delivered to the children of age group 6-14.. It teaches use of abacus tool and various learning ability features such as speedwriting, planning, visualization etc. Program offered in 8 levels and covers all the arithmetic calculations of natural numbers and
decimals, both abacus and visual.
3. GELS SENIOR ABACUS PROGRAM (GSAP): The challenges are many for the adult in today’s world. GSAP is introduced to all adults from 16 years onwards. Surely, all of us understand the need to quickly grasp information and process content for decision making and action. Learning abacus will help expand the horizons of learning and will be a wonderful skill to possess. Welcome to join us. GSAP is a program that has an important consequence in shaping your lives. Most of the exams are tests of numerical ability. If you like to overcome the fear of mathematics, here is a special motivational program designed exclusively for you.
GSAP will help
Can think faster
Can hear better and retain in the memory longer
Improves ability to see and know.
‘Knowing’ and ‘Doing’ are two different words. If you go through the program you will know how to do Abacus and if you practice you will reach amazing level in math’s computation.
DRAWING: Drawing is a form of visual art that makes use of any number of drawing instruments to mark a two-dimensional medium. Instruments used include graphite pencils, pen and ink, inked brushes, wax color pencils, crayons, charcoal, chalk, pastels, various kinds of erasers, markers, styluses, various metals (such as silverpoint) and electronic drawing.
Courses in drawing:
Palette knife paintings
Duration: 3 Months / Level / one class of two hours each
No. of levels – 4 level
BENEFITS OF VEDIC MATHS
It helps a person to solve mathematical problems 10-15 times faster.
It creates interest towards mathematics.
It will be beneficial throughout lifetime
It helps in Intelligent Guessing (Knowing the answer without actually solving the problem)
It is a magical tool to reduce scratch work and finger counting and improve Mental Calculation.
It increases concentration.
It improves confidence.
It reduces burden (Need to learn tables up to nine only).
The development of creativity at a young age is helpful towards understanding advanced concepts.
It can be applied even for numbers beyond 10 digits
Saves time during Examination
It is easy to check all text book problems
While cross checking answers, it can be used as alternate method to travel and rectify mistake
LeLycée is a private language institute founded in 2004 with an aim to help emerging students to keep up with the standards and upward trend of language usage in the industry. We impart high quality language training to students at different levels from beginner to advance.
© 2015 All Rights Reserved